Dr. Brian Babington calls for a greater...
Youth and Family Counselling and Support Services
when you want to improve the wellbeing of your child
A Centrecare service that builds resilience in children, adults, families and communities.
To download Centrecare's Families First Service brochure, click here
This service is run from 72 Tower Street, Leonora WA 6138.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
Ph: 9037 6825 or email email@example.com.
There is an identified need for services to support children and young people who are showing early signs of, or are at risk of developing mental illness. The aim is to improve their wellbeing and enable them to better participate in their communities and reach their full potential.
As a child/young person would you like to:
- increase your knowledge and awareness of your safety and risk taking behaviour;
- identify protective strategies;
- understand your feelings better and be aware of how emotions trigger behaviour;
- increase your school attendance and engagement; and/or
- connect and engage with other appropriate services?
As a parent/caregiver would you like to:
- better understand how to identify and respond appropriately to unsafe/at risk situations and behaviour in your children;
- increase your knowledge and confidence of parenting roles, responsibilities and positive parenting strategies;
- have an increased understanding of a ‘healthy living lifestyle’ for your family; and/or
- engage and connect with community services?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, then this service may be of help to you.
Centrecare’s Families First Service will provide culturally appropriate, child-centred early intervention, which will increase protective factors and bring about attitudinal and behavioural change in children, young people and their families.
This service can provide the following support.
Short-term support including:
- advocacy, information and practical support; and
- access to educational resources and self-help seeking services.
Intensive Case Management including:
- individual and family support;
- tailored strategies and actions to achieve goals, including groups / workshops;
- counselling and family interventions;
- information sharing and advocacy; and
- collaboration with other agencies, including referrals if needed.
Community Development and Education:
Participation in community and cultural events, as well as group activities including: Drumbeat; Protective Behaviours; Building Connections; Skills in Action and Parents Under Pressure Workshop (both locally and in remote areas).
Participation and consent by parents/guardians of children under 18 is necessary for this service.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact Centrecare on the telephone number below or visit our office at 168 Egan Street, Kalgoorlie. No referral needed.
Kalgoorlie (08) 9080 0333