Clients Rights and Responsibilities
At Centrecare Incorporated we strive to provide excellent, respectful and caring services, which facilitate healing and encourage all persons to develop to their fullest potential. In providing theses services we always seek to demonstrate our belief in the intrinsic worth of persons by respecting differences, cherishing individuality and nourishing dignity.
Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a client of Centrecare is central to our agency.
As a client of Centrecare you have a right to:
- Be treated in a professional, courteous, and caring manner that respects and appreciated differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, personal values, age, disability, and economic or veteran status.
- Expect that your personal privacy will be respected and confidentiality protected to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- Be provided with a safe environment to conduct your session in.
- Choose to use or not to use our services.
- A prompt service. Our goal is to provide the best possible service. If a session time needs to be changed every attempt will be made to contact you before the session time.
- Have the complete attention of your counsellor/Centrecare worker and avoid interruptions during a session.
- Receive accurate and relevant information in a timely manner.
- Request transfer to another staff member.
- Make a complaint about the service received from Centrecare and expect that this complaint will be investigated appropriately and in confidence.
- Read your records with a Centrecare representative in attendance.
As a client of Centrecare you have a responsibility to:
- Be respectful of others, including Centrecare staff, volunteers, and other clients.
- Be respectful of Centrecare’s property.
- Attend the service in a fit state (not under the influence of drugs or alcohol).
- Participate in the service to maximise your benefits (turn off mobile phones and pagers).
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information about other clients or participants in groups or programs conducted by Centrecare.
- Provide accurate information about yourself in order to receive the best care.
- Keep your scheduled appointment counselling time. If you need to cancel an appointment please contact the Client Liaison Officer 24 hours before the appointment. Cancellations for counselling sessions within 24 hours of the appointment attract the full fee as per Centrecare’s Client Fee Schedule.
- Where applicable, pay your bill at the time of attendance of one of Centrecare’s services. Please discuss with the Client Liaison Officer if you are financially compromised.
- Follow strategies which have been chosen in consultation with the service provider.