Centrecare staff across WA handed out over...
Accommodation and Support
Accommodation and Supported Services Program (ASSP)
when you want support and accommodation to make a new start
A Centrecare service for men, women and families.
To download Centrecare's Accommodation and Support Services Program brochure, click here.
Starting again is not always easy. Reintegrating into the community, accessing housing, employment, training, counselling and health services as well as rebuilding family relationships can be a challenge upon exiting prison. If you think that working alongside a Centrecare Housing Support Worker will assist you to meet your future goals, the Accommodation and Support Services Program (ASSP) for people leaving custody can help.
If you wish to be referred to ASSP, please contact the Transitional Manager at your prison.
- You must be referred to this service and have less than six months until you are due for release.
- To be part of the program you must be willing to complete a support plan and meet with a Centrecare Housing Support Worker on a weekly basis during your tenancy.
- The program can provide you with access to short term accommodation.
- Your short term accommodation will be managed in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act.
- You would be required to pay rent charges 25% of your gross income or no higher than market rent for the locality that the property is situated in.
- You will be responsible for any damage to the house and maintain property standards.
- Centrecare can also offer you assistance with finding long term accommodation if you manage your short term accommodation successfully.
Centrecare’s Accommodation and Support Services Program (ASSP) provides holistic and realistic approaches to enable men, women and their families to find their own solutions to problems they face.
Centrecare will accept referrals from Transitional Managers located within the prisons and then assess interested participants. A comprehensive support plan will be developed prior to release from prison.
- assist you with reintegration back into the community;
- provide skill development in maintaining a tenancy;
- talk to other people on your behalf;
- help you access employment, education and training;
- assist you to access long term accommodation; and
- provide access to a range of counselling services to assist in addressing issues such as relationships, domestic violence prevention, gambling, drug and alcohol use, grief and loss and mental health issues.
The ASSP program is a planned and structured way to restart your life by providing you with access to short term accommodation.
Combined with this is regular support and assistance to make the changes you identify and to meet the goals that are important to you and your family.
For more information Centrecare can be contacted on the phone number below.
Gosnells (08) 9498 9200
If you wish to be referred to ASSP, please contact the Transitional Manager.