Four generations of song women that make up The...
Indigenous Specific Services
Family Support Service (FSS)
when you need to keep your children safe
A Centrecare service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families wanting to keep their children safe at home.
To download Centrecare Djooraminda's Family Support Service brochure, click here.
If you live in the metropolitan area of Perth and need support to ensure your children are not taken into Department for Child Protection and Family Support (CPFS) care, then Centrecare Djooraminda has an outreach service that may be able to help you to keep your children with you at home.
- a parent or relative carer whose children are at risk of being taken by CPFS;
- unsure of what is needed to ensure your children are safe from harm;
- in need of support to help your family be the bestit can;
- looking for ways to build your family's capacity to cope with life’s challenges;
- feeling alone and unheard;
- feeling overwhelmed with the responsibilities of children and family;
- finding it difficult to maintain a safe, stable and secure home;
- wanting a case worker that understands how difficult it can be to communicate with government agencies; and/or
- looking for a service that is culturally sensitive, for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, then this service may be of help to you.
Centrecare Djooraminda's Family Support Service (FSS) is a confidential outreach counselling and support service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families at risk of having their children removed from their care. An FSS outreach counsellor will work with you to help keep your children safely at home. We will help you access necessary community and government services to meet identified needs and issues. We will also assist you develop your knowledge, skills and confidence to deal with crises as they occur.
By participating in the program you will receive:
- home visits every week or more often if required;
- assistance in dealing with the referral issues;
- assistance to identify and manage the changes you want to make;
- counselling for yourself and other family members; and
- referral or help with accessing and dealing with other agencies if required.
If you would like the Family Support Service (FSS) to help, ask your Department for Child Protection and Family Support
(CPFS) case worker to refer you to the program. Your CPFS case worker will talk with you and arrange a time for an FSS
outreach counsellor to visit you at home. You will need to complete the consent form on our brochure. (link below)
Centrecare Djooraminda (08) 9436 0600