Centrecare Youth Grants
About Centrecare Youth Grants
A Centrecare Youth Grant provides small grants up to $1,000 for young people (15-18) who have been in out-of-home care and are transitioning to independence.
Supporting young people leaving care, the Youth Grant (formerly known as the John Connor Youth Fund) was established in 2005 thanks to a very generous bequest from Mr. John Connor.
What is covered by the Youth Grant?
Funding of up to $1,000 is available for items that will assist the applicant transition to independent living.
What can THE Youth Grant be used for?
A range of items such as:
- white goods & kitchen items
- bedding and linen
- bond for uni accommodation
- laptop / computer for further education
- connection cost associated with utilities e.g. phone, electricity & water
Youth Grant Assessment criteria
Each application will be assessed by the Director of Centrecare on how it will benefit you to transition and maintain your independence.
How to apply for Centrecare's Youth Grant
- Download the Application Form from the link below.
- Fill in all the sections (before submitting an Application, take a moment to check you have filled in the form and all relevant information and attachments have been included).
- Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an acknowledgement via email within 5 business days of receipt.
Assessment and notification
Please allow up to 1 month for advice regarding the outcome of your application.
All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application.