Workshops / Events
Centrecare runs workshops or groups throughout the Perth metropolitan and rural areas and most are FREE. Check here regularly to see what is happening in your area.
5:30pm - 7:30pm
A two hour, 12 week education and support group for women experiencing family violence or who are at risk of being unsafe in the family environment. Every Wednesday evening - Perth
- Key components of this group are safety, wellbeing, support and information sharing.
- Groups are held at Centrecare, 456 Hay Street, Perth every Wednesday.
- Wednesday evenings from 5.30pm – 7.30pm
- Registration is essential and free child care is available upon request.
"I have gained clarity in what has happened the last few years and I now feel ready to move forward."
"I love everything at these workshops"
"A better understanding of my past relationships and better knowledge now to have more positive relationships in the near future."
"I have a better understanding of family domestic violence and can now recognise the difference between a healthy and unhealthy relationship."
This FREE session aims to provide parents with information that will assist them in family dispute resolution - Midland
- Held weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Located at Centrecare Midland Family Relationship Centre
- Registration is essential
Seasons for Growth is an innovative, evidence-based change, loss and grief education program that draws on the metaphor of the seasons to understand the experience of grief. For more information, click https://www.goodgrief.org.au/seasons-for-growth
A FREE behavioural change group for men. Key principles of the group include: the safety of partners, children and others, men are responsible for their own actions and men being accountable for their use of violence. Groups are available in Perth, Joondalup and Mirrabooka. Registration is essential.
5:30pm - 7:30pm
Workshops for people who want to explore their gambling behaviour.
Centrecare is offering a workshop of four (4) weeks duration for clients over the age of 18 years with an interest in addressing their problematic gambling behaviour.
The group is run by an experienced counsellor specialising in people with problematic gambling. Family member or partner welcome.
Topics to be covered in the workshops include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding reasons for problem gambling
- Understanding functions of problem gambling
- Understanding impacts of problem gambling
- Exploring motivation to change
- Developing strategies to control problem gambling
- Exploring thought processes
- Reconnecting with our best selves
- Re-evaluation of our lifestyle
- Taking responsibility for gambling behaviour
- Maintaining changes made
- Relapse prevention
- All participants must attend at least one individual assessment session at Centrecare prior to commencing the group. (This assessment will determine suitability for the group.)
- Group numbers limited at 7 - 9 as per COVID -19 requirements
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE GROUP, PLEASE CALL CENTRECARE ON ( 08) 9325 6644
12:30pm - 1:30pm
Two hour Education Program for Separated Parents
- Learn ways to look after yourself during the separation process
- Understand the effects of family separation on children
- Understand the impact of parental conflict on children
- Improve communication with the other parent
Download flyer here
10:00am - 12:00pm
The program supports parents and caregivers to:
• Understand the meaning of children’s behaviour and what may be influencing it.
• Learn more about and reclaim the origins of their parenting style to adapt with their children in the here and now.
• Identify the important messages they want to convey to the children in their care and how to achieve this.
• Learn more about how they can support their children’s development.
• Appreciate how to welcome respect, care and love into their relationships with their children.
• Discover ways to take care of themselves and find support when they need it.