Workshops / Events
Centrecare runs workshops or groups throughout the Perth metropolitan and rural areas and most are FREE. Check here regularly to see what is happening in your area.
A two hour, 12 week education and support group for women experiencing family violence or who are at risk of being unsafe in the family environment. Every Wednesday evening - Perth
- Key components of this group are safety, wellbeing, support and information sharing.
- Groups are held at Centrecare, 456 Hay Street, Perth every Wednesday.
- Wednesday evenings from 5.30pm – 7.30pm
- Registration is essential and free child care is available upon request.
A FREE behavioural change group for men. Key principles of the group include: the safety of partners, children and others, men are responsible for their own actions and men being accountable for their use of violence. Groups are available in Perth, Joondalup and Mirrabooka. Registration is essential.
Group commences on 20th October ending on 10th November 2020 .
Workshops for people who want to explore their problem gambling behaviour
Centrecare is offering a workshop of four (4) weeks duration for clients over the age of 18 years with an interest in addressing their problematic gambling behaviour.
The group is run by an experienced counsellor specialising in people with problematic gambling. Family member or partner welcome.
Topics to be covered in the workshops include, but are not limited to:
• Understanding reasons for problem gambling
• Understanding functions of problem gambling
• Understanding impacts of problem gambling
• Exploring motivation to change
• Developing strategies to control problem gambling
• Exploring thought processes.
• Reconnecting with our best selves
• Re-evaluation of our lifestyle
• Taking responsibility for gambling behaviour
• Maintaining changes made
• Relapse prevention
Please note that all participants must attend at least one individual assessment session at Centrecare prior to commencing the group. This assessment will determine suitability for the group.
Do you need some space to be creative and reflect on your parenting?
This might just be the workshop series you need.
Life gets busy and we often don’t find the time to reflect on our family, ourselves or our children. Join us for some creative journaling where we will get creative and explore our strengths and struggles in parenting, celebrate our children’s uniqueness and identify future goals for our families and ourselves as parents.
Tuesdays 10, 17, 24 November & 1 December 2020 (participants must attend all sessions)
Supported by Communicare