Housing Support Worker Corrective Service - Men
When you want to be ready for housing
A Centrecare service for men exiting correctional facilities and/or Corrective Services Accommodation Support Programs.
To download Centrecare’s Housing Support Worker Corrective Service Men brochure (4667K), click here.
Coming out of a correctional facility can be very difficult and so can stopping the cycle of offending, imprisonment and homelessness.
- thinking about your future and what you can do to successfully move back into the community;
- concerned about how you will cope when released;
- wondering where you will live and how you will manage the accommodation if you find one;
- looking to be employed or further your education on release;
- worried you will not be able to reconnect with family or others after being in prison and how you will cope if you can’t;
- in need of support to have positive and respectful relationships with others around you;
- wanting your life to be different so you do not end up at risk of re-offending and/or back in prison; and/or
- unsure where to turn to for support and advice?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, then this service may be of help to you.
Centrecare’s Housing Support Worker Corrective Service Men provides transitional support to men leaving correctional facilities and/or Corrective Services Accommodation Support Programs in the metropolitan area. It also assists to secure and maintain stable accommodation and facilitate reintegration back into the community.
The service can assist you:
- to access and maintain long term stable accommodation;
- reconnect with family including children if this is possible;
- to budget more effectively and manage your finances;
- in accessing education, employment training opportunities, income entitlement, medical care, drug and alcohol counselling etc.;
- with support to attend groups and courses to improve relationships with others, life skills, gain confidence, manage your anger and develop positive options for the future;
- link with positive recreational and leisure activities; and/or
- access to counselling or other support services for you or others living with you.
For more information, please contact Centrecare on the telephone number below:
Gosnells (08) 9498 9200
The Housing Support Worker Corrective Service Men is provided by Centrecare and funded by the State Government through the Department of Communities.